< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://justtakeitdown.blogspot.com/" >

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Lest We Forget




I had planned on posting several articles tonight. I had planned on creating a magnificent presentation to honor those who died.

And then I remembered.

And I realized that there is nothing I could say, or show, or create, that could come close to the signifiance of that day.

What words could be more eloquently spoken, then those of Tom Burnett as he lead the charge: "Let's Roll," or of a husband's farewell to his wife from the 87th floor?

What pictures could I show that would touch you deeper than those imprinted forever in your mind?

What could I do to remind you of your memories of that day, of what you hold in the very depths of your soul, never to be lost?

There is nothing.

There were other heros, who wrote farewell notes to thier wives and childern, pinned them to trees and marched bravely forward. And it was said of them: "We cannot dedicate- We cannot consecrate- We cannot hallow- this ground. The brave men who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here."


We must never forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Alliance Blog Roll