< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://justtakeitdown.blogspot.com/" >

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Another Republican Vies to Replace Stabenow (MI)

For Immediate Release:
Monday, October 31, 2005

Bouchard Makes it Official – Announces for U.S. Senate
Oakland County Sheriff – people tell me, ‘Michigan needs new leadership in Washington’



(BLOOMFIELD HILLS), MI – Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard made the following announcement today, declaring his intention to challenge U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow in next year’s election:

“In recent weeks I’ve been overwhelmed by the calls I’ve received from people throughout Michigan encouraging me to reconsider getting into the United States Senate race. The constant refrain I’ve heard echoing across the state on these calls is ‘Michigan needs new leadership in Washington.’

“I couldn’t agree more. Therefore I have decided to run for the U.S. Senate. My wife Pam and our children are on board and they are as excited about this opportunity as I am. In the days and weeks ahead, I will be working hard to build my team, alert supporters around the state of my decision and begin raising the resources I’ll need to compete.

“This is a campaign to secure Michigan’s and our country’s future. I believe that my hands-on experience in homeland security and emergency planning and management will allow me to play a vital role in developing solutions to make our country safe and secure. I’ll bring a small businessman's real world perspective to Washington and a proven record as a fiscal conservative leader in the state Senate that will help secure our economic future by creating new jobs and fighting for every last one here in Michigan. I’ll work tirelessly to secure the hard earned retirement benefits people labored their entire lives to build. And I’ll bring a parent’s perspective to improving and reforming education because our country is nothing if we can’t provide every child a safe and secure learning environment that allows them to reach their full potential.

“As many of you know, I briefly pursued a candidacy for the U.S. Senate earlier this year, until my doctor put me on the sidelines. But after adjusting my diet and increasing my exercise, I have a clean bill of health, my family at my side and a clear vision of the historic challenges that face us as a country.

“As we look to Washington, we see a city far removed from President Reagan’s ‘shining city on a hill.’ Instead, extreme partisanship has replaced partnership and politicians shrink from the challenges that are confronting our country. We need leaders with real world experience, combined with years of dedicated service that will be willing to step up and make the tough choices that they were elected to make.

“Our current freshman Senator hasn’t made the grade. The families of Michigan deserve better. My record of strong leadership shows that I won’t shrink from the challenges facing Michigan or our country. I know I can help secure America’s future as Michigan’s next U.S. Senator and I look forward to earning the trust and support of all our citizens.”


Source: Michael Bouchard For United States Senate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Alliance Blog Roll