< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://justtakeitdown.blogspot.com/" >

Monday, May 01, 2006

Guest Post by Christine Lamech: Immigration Protestors

Just recently, I was watching the news, and I noticed that pro-immigration groups were going to stage a massive protest on May 1st. The news organization, as usual, portrayed the participants as people who were fighting against all odds to gain their rights as Americans. There are a few problems with this picture. I would first like to say that I have no problem with LEGAL immigrants coming to the United States. After all, that's how nearly all Americans ended up in the United States.

Now let's discuss these "problems." Illegal immigrants are not really the victims here. Granted, many lead rough lives in third-world countries. My heart goes out to them, but they should not be getting into the country using expensive smugglers and fake papers. By immigrating in this manner, the American people become the real victims. Let's face it, folks; illegal immigrants get many benefits, such as: 1) They don't pay taxes. 2) They get “free” health care. 3) Their children get free schooling. 4) They protest and get the sympathy of those Americans who don't examine the true facts. Who pays for all this?? WE DO!!!!!

That brings up another good point. These protestors on the streets say they are proud Americans. If this is true, why do they wave Mexican flags? Why do they get mad when we ask them to speak English? Americans shell out their tax dollars so that Hispanics don't have to learn English, the language of America. (Notice that the Hispanics aren't even helping to pay for this!) Coming back to the protesting aspect, I wonder what right these people have to even protest on the streets. They want the attention of Congress, whom they do not even support with taxes.

I am not prejudiced, I am not racist, I am not bigoted, and I am not intolerant. I am an American who welcomes legal immigrants who want to learn English, become a citizen, and share their rich culture with us all. ¡Amo América!


-Christine Lamech

2 Comments:

Anonymous John said...

Nice post, exactly how I feel. Too bad our president doesn't seem to feel the same way.

May 02, 2006 4:50 PM  
Blogger Daniel Christianson said...

Yeah, I know. I have to say I just don't get his stance on illegal immigration.

May 02, 2006 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Alliance Blog Roll