< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://justtakeitdown.blogspot.com/" >

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Vicki Fyke Submits Name for School Board Appointment!

It has been my pleasure to have worked with Mrs. Fyke on a number issues important to our school district, and I would whole-heartedly support her appointment.

I pray the school board picks a candidate who can bring productive dialog to the table, rather than make snide comments and rubber stamp the decisions of the current majority-- the majority that got us into this mess because it refused to hold itself or its administration accountable for the mismanagement of our school.


-------------------------------------------

October 3, 2007


Howell Public Schools - Board of Education

411 N. Highlander Way

Howell, MI 48843


Dear Members of the School Board,


Please consider this my letter of interest in an appointment to the Board to temporarily fill the position vacated by the resignation of Mary Jo Dymond.


While it is my first choice that the Board honor the electorate and choose a candidate that has already faced the voters, if you decide that you would rather open the candidate choices up to the community, I submit my name as a candidate.


You are probably scratching your head at this point, and who would blame you, but I think the idea makes total sense. There is an old adage that says “Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer”. While I don’t consider myself an enemy of this school board, I know that many members of the Board do think so. I think it would be a perfect P.R. move to make me accountable for solutions rather than just to point out the problems, and you might be surprised at the sense some of my suggestions will make.


I also think it is a good way to turn controversy into solution, and ill will into good will. So, if you decide to look to the community at large for a candidate, I would be honored to have your consideration.


I have been a business owner for the past 34 years and have vast experience with budgets, personnel issues, projections, and financial statements. I was a top producing Insurance Agent for almost 9 years, and have worked with kids on a voluntary basis for most of my life. I have coached, mentored, and sponsored many kids and have followed many of them from grade school through parenthood as we stay in touch even after my work with them is done.


I can inspire, motivate, and am a fierce defender of principle. All of these qualities will be needed as we move forward through some severe times of great crisis for our schools and our community. I think this could be an honorable end to some tough times for our school and I would be grateful for your careful consideration.


Sincerely,



Vicki L. Fyke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Alliance Blog Roll